- A better understanding of what customers and communities are looking for from the industry. These insights will enable farmers to identify current and emerging opportunities and align their farming systems and marketing decisions accordingly.
- A new perspective on the future research, development and extension work required to support enduring profitability of growers.
- Recognition from customers and the community that the grains industry is committed to sustainability and is continually striving to improve. This is increasingly important to maintain and expand market access.
- A stronger position to advocate with Government on a range of issues including trade and market access, environmental stewardship, the importance of rural research, development and extension, and ensuring access to new technologies and products which will further enhance farming systems.
- Information that helps tell the stories behind farming grain in Australia
Our recent research has identified ten sustainability themes of high interest to both the grains industry and its external stakeholders. Now the industry is considering how best to respond to these themes. You can read the insights report online.
The results of this survey will be crucial in shaping the sustainability framework and will guide how the grains industry demonstrates and strengthens its sustainability credentials.
The survey should only take about 10 minutes to complete and if you’d like to circulate this email to your networks, that would be really appreciated.